[Fwd: Important ICANN Notice Regarding Your Domain Name(s)]

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Thu Oct 5 18:21:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Steve Sobol wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Alexander Harrowell wrote:
>
> > Are you sure it's genuine? Those WWD domains (especially
> > secureserver.net) account for a large fraction of the spam and
> > phishing attempts I receive.
>
> SecureServer.net is GoDaddy.
>
> If you have domains hosted at GoDaddy or a reseller, your customer
> notifications come from that domain.

Following up to myself: I understand that you can still get phishes
purporting to be from them. But if you can verify that the message came
from secureserver, don't write it off as a phish without doing some
further checking.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.