AOL Lameness

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 18:23:56 UTC 2006

On 10/2/06, Matt Baldwin <baldwinmathew at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I'm noticing this too.  Very lame indeed.  Doing a quick Google
> > on it in the Groups it seems that it was a feature that was enabled
> > earlier this year.  My guess is they turned it off, then turned it

Drew the attention of a friend at AOL to this and got a reply quoted
below - this was apparently an issue at AOL's end. Thanks to AOL for
quickly acting to fix this.

I've been asked by my friend to post this below

srs

[quote]

We found a problem with the way URL's were being identified and have
undergone steps to correct it.  In the interim, the rule change has
been backed out pending further testing.  Thanks to all on the list.

[unquote]