becoming a LEC

John L Lee johnllee at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 27 23:15:27 UTC 2006

Philip,

  While I am not a Lawyer and therefore cannot offer a legal opinion,
you have ask a legal question not a technical one. You are in the State
of  CA
unless there is another Burbank in the country. You would have to go to
your Public Service Commission or PUC or whatever they call it in CA to
find out all of the regs on becoming a CLEC.  If you can be a data CLEC
without being a Voice CLEC then you may get away without having to offer
E911
and other services. The question is can you be a "reseller" of the
service without full CLEC status. In GA and other States that I am
familair with you need
a Carrier number that costs about 20k to register.

Go talk to a telecom lawyer in CA.

John (ISDN) Lee

(I Still Do not kNow)