Ongoing DDoS helped by non responsive abuse desks

Steve Linford linford at spamhaus.org
Thu Mar 23 21:27:16 UTC 2006

On 23 Mar 2006, at 16:54, Martin Lathoud wrote:

> One of our web servers got hammered by ~5K req/s for hours from
> browsers with the following referer:
> http://www.freewebs.com/ihatespammers/nospam.html
> Both freewebs.com and their network provider Cogent has been contacted
> without any visible result

I found freewebs very responsive, I emailed them and they shut the
site down instantly.

It's likely the originators of the DDOS are the Yambo gang out of
Ukraine. Other hosts involved in this attack are located on Chinese
IPs we know to be under the control of Yambo...
http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/listing.lasso?-op=cn&spammer=Yambo%
20Financials

   Steve Linford
   The Spamhaus Project