Juniper Support pricing.

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Thu Mar 23 17:16:38 UTC 2006

Hi,

Has anyone else seen Juniper support pricing take one hell of a hike in
the past twelve months ?

We've been quoted a rise of 141% on the costs of supporting our ISG2000
units, and a 114% rise on the costs of supporting our Redline^WJuniper
E|X devices.

I've been asked to provide a case to evaluate the costs of binning the
existing kit and migrating the firewalls to PIX... which I'd prefer to
avoid if at all possible, as it is a bad time to take on the extra
workload.

We have been a model (I hope!) customer in that we've only had one
post-sales/operational trouble-ticket case open in the past twelve
months for our entire family of Juniper products !

Just wondering whether it's something you guys have seen too.

-a