Interesting new spam technique - getting a lot more popular.

Mark Smith nanog at fa1c52f96c54f7450e1ffb215f29991e.nosense.org
Thu Jun 15 11:00:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:59:51 -0700
Warren Kumari <warren at kumari.net> wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2006, at 2:18 AM, John van Oppen wrote:
> >
> > That being said, I know at least one of our transit customers does
> > hosting exactly how you are describing.   Coincidentally, this
> > customer is also one of the customers that asked if we could "give
> > them a class C block."
>
> Ok, I KNOW I am going to be slapped by a bunch of people here, but....
>
> I often refer to a /24 (anywhere in the space) as a "class C".

SLAP!

Actually, we've recently seen an Internet service RFP requesting Class
A addresses because they were "better" than Class Bs! At least they
won't be asking for any Class Cs - too low rent for them !

Hmm, I've just realised that we've just been assigned a "Class A" /18,
so maybe we can supply the customer "Class A, Number 1 Grade, Premium,
Royal Quality IP addresses" after all.

--

        "Sheep are slow and tasty, and therefore must remain constantly
         alert."