Interesting new spam technique - getting a lot more popular.

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Wed Jun 14 18:59:51 UTC 2006

On Jun 14, 2006, at 2:18 AM, John van Oppen wrote:

> That being said, I know at least one of our transit customers does
> hosting exactly how you are describing.   Coincidentally, this
> customer is also one of the customers that asked if we could "give
> them a class C block."

Ok, I KNOW I am going to be slapped by a bunch of people here, but....

I often refer to a /24 (anywhere in the space) as a "class C". I also
call the thingie on my digital watch an LCD display,  the thing that
stops breaks from locking the ABS system and the number I type into
the ATM machine my PIN number.  Oh yeah, my DLT tape drive is
connected to a SCSCI interface.

Yup, all of the above are technically incorrect (ok, most of them are
just redundant), but I do it anyway, and I am going to carry on doing
it, so there!

"Working the ICANN process is like being nibbled to death by ducks,
it takes forever, it doesn't make sense, and in the end we're still
dead in the water."
     -- Tom Galvin, VeriSign's vice president for government relations.