wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday

Lucy E. Lynch llynch at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Jun 14 15:00:34 UTC 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Randy Bush wrote:

<snip>

> how about cctlds, which are of great interest to me?  i suspect
> that iana will not play, so how would cctlds play in way in which i
> can bet my bippies?
>
>>> and how it would be rolled would be of interest.
>>
>> key-roll through DLV is no different, from the high level, that
>> key roll through non-DLV.  either way you have to instantiate a
>> new key and get it to your registry somehow (either through your
>> registrar or otherwise) before you start using it.
>
> how do i enroll NG in a way that third parties can reasonably know
> is trustable?  from the policy and process pov, how will we move it
> to a new zone set and server set when i get rid of it?

along these lines - there seem to be a huge number of smallish
tools related to DNSSEC, but I don't find anything that looks
like a package with a couple of tools and scripts that would be
usable by a small ccTLD - recommendations and good written
exercises that step a newbie through the process would be
very useful - any pointers? I've already looked at:

http://www.dnssec-deployment.org./
http://www.dnssec.net/software
http://www.ripe.net/disi/dnssec_howto/
http://www.dnssec-tools.org/

lots of info - but a cheat sheet and some recommendations
for basic tools are needed to get this deployed and used.

is this the current state-of-the-art?
http://www.dnssec-tools.org/docs/step-by-step-dnssec-tools/sbs-dt.pdf

--
Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon