Sitefinder II, the sequel...

David Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Wed Jul 12 17:35:55 UTC 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 12:30 AM, Simon Waters wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 Jul 2006 20:22, Daniel Golding wrote:
>>
>> I'm at a loss to explain why people are
>> trying so hard to condemn something like this.
>
> Experience?

People have never created a platform to manage recursive DNS, so it's
surprising you have experience here.  I don't think we've ever talked
either, though I'd be happy to and learn more about what you think
and how it compares to other things you've used.

Have you seen this: http://www.opendns.com/prefs/

People that make a comparison to Site Finder still are showing a
substantive lack of clue, at this point it should be clear that such
a comparison is inappropriate.  That said, I'm still working on
messaging -- going from someone who talks about DNS to someone who
talks about DNS and gets some press about it is new to me.  Cool, but
new. ;-)

Best,
David Ulevitch