So -- what did happen to Panix?

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Mon Jan 30 10:07:10 UTC 2006

> > Wouldn't a well-operated network of IRRs used by 95% of
> > network operators be able to meet all three of your
> > requirements?
>
> Maybe I missed something, but didn't Verio say the prefix was in
> their internal registry, and that's why it was accepted.
>
> IOW: It didn't solve this problem.  So I guess we're discussing the
> other 5%?

You missed the words "well-operated".

Today there is no well-operated network of IRRs so
there is bad data in the databases. In addition, there
is the question of how to use the IRR data. Should you
build filters from it? Should you use it to validate your
own internal database with human beings chasing up
the differences and fixing whichever database is wrong?

--Michael Dillon