DOS attack against DNS?

Alon Tirosh j0keralpha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 06:19:21 UTC 2006

Admitted, i did not notice the type/class difference. I responded as a knee
jerk reaction, and that is my mistake.

For the second part, the any query type is useful (when targeted at either
your NS and/or public NS servers) to quickly alert to issues such as the one
being discussed with GoDaddy and Nectartech right now on this list.

Pick and/or set up an NS server that is TTL agnostic (flameArmor: this
system is to be used for disparate up-to-date checks only, and I know by
spec this is far from foolproof but its saved my ass a couple times in the
past) and checks disparate roots and its useful for finding or alerting to
major name system, registrar ,and provider issues quickly.

Im diverging off-topic, im sure. gnight.