DOS attack against DNS?

Joe Shen joe_hznm at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Jan 17 17:00:36 UTC 2006

Last saturday one of our Web server experienced a TCP
SYN attck which make the system down for four hours.
It seems there is not a good solution which could
detect & defend DoS traffic at any time.

So, to the class ANY queries, should we only filtering
out class any queries on public cache servers ?  To my
understandings, the amplifying result could also be
reached by query type any.

Joe