Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Fri Dec 15 00:50:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

> or LDAP could be used ...

I was wondering when this would show up... :-)

> If IANA and the RIRs would step up to the plate and
> provide an authoritative data source identifying which
> address ranges have been issued for use on the Internet
> then bogon lists would not be needed at all.
> ... IANA would be the authoritative source for
> stuff like RFC 1918 address ranges and other non-RIR ranges.

IANA has a project along these lines at the earliest stage of
development (that is, we're trying to figure out if this is a good
idea and if so, the best way to implement it).  I'd be interested in
hearing opinions (either publicly or privately) as to what IANA
should do here.

> One wonders whether it might not be more effective in the
> long run to sue ICANN/IANA rather than suing completewhois.com.

Sigh.  What is the IOS command to disable lawyers again?

Rgds,
-drc