Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Dec 13 22:04:21 UTC 2006

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com wrote:

> One wonders whether it might not be more effective in the
> long run to sue ICANN/IANA rather than suing completewhois.com.

Of course, it could be that I used the wrong term. IANAL after all. Perhaps the
right term was injunction? Does that qualify as a lawsuit? Unfortunately, people
seem to think the legal system is strictly about money. Perhaps it is. However,
in the process of people getting money, I've noticed people have solved their
initial problem temporarily.

besides, it didn't look like it really took all that much to solve the
completewhois.com problem. Surely people don't pay their lawyers without first
yelling, screaming, and calling everyone and their dog (or posting to NANOG) in
the attempt to get what they want first. :)

Jack