Turkey has switched Root-Servers

Tony Li tony.li at tony.li
Wed Sep 28 02:39:29 UTC 2005

> .com is an abomination, as are the other gTLDs to a lesser
> extent.  .gov,
> .mil, .edu, .info, and .biz need to be shifted under .us
> immediately, and
> everyone under .com, .net, and .org needs to be gradually moved
> under the
> appropriate part of the real DNS tree.  I can live with .int
> continuing on,
> but only because no better solution immediately comes to mind.

Actually, I think you've got it backwards. .us and all of the other
country-specific TLDs are the last vestiges of nationalism.  The
Internet is only the second piece of truly global infrastructure.  As
a key component in the ongoing trend towards a unified global
administration, we should do what we can to encourage cooperation and
equality across borders, not intensify their differences.

Tony