Turkey has switched Root-Servers

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Wed Sep 28 02:56:50 UTC 2005

At 10:39 PM 9/27/2005, you wrote:
>Actually, I think you've got it backwards. .us and all of the other
>country-specific TLDs are the last vestiges of nationalism.  The
>Internet is only the second piece of truly global infrastructure.  As
>a key component in the ongoing trend towards a unified global
>administration, we should do what we can to encourage cooperation and
>equality across borders, not intensify their differences.

Well said! Other than government entities, I never understood why anyone
would want a country specific name. Tellurian Networks provides the same
services to our clients in AU as we do to those in DE and PK and those in
the US of course (where we are located.) I don't want 200+ domain names and
I don't think Cisco, Sun, Microsoft, or any other companies do either. When
I look for a company, I don't care or need to know where they are located
most of the time - unless I am ordering a pizza, but that is a different
story... Communities of interest - such as my personal favorite
356registry.org are global in scope and by their very nature! My $0.02 and
contribution to the non operational noise on nanog today.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin