level3.net in Chicago - high packet loss?!?

Network Fortius netfortius at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:35:35 UTC 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 10:16 AM, Alexander Koch wrote:

> On Tue, 6 September 2005 10:09:17 -0500, Network Fortius wrote:
> [..]
>
>> Thank you. The former seems close to what may have happened, with a
>> possible impact beyond ICMP, as once having moved my client over to
>> their Broadwing connection, their processing from Yahoo's site seems
>> to have come back to where it was a few days ago.
>>

> Oh, yes. Is it just me, or did this read as: "Bah! But I was
> right anyway, all you suckers!"
>
> ?
>
> Go on, amuse the crowd.
>
> Alexander

I am sorry, if you interpret it this way. I do not have much choice,
when it comes to servicing people asking for immediate resolution, so
it is either trying to determine (via the wrong tool, in this
case?!?) if there is something going on, during Labor Day, when the
client still accepts "toying around", or the knee-jerk reaction to
move them first thing Tuesday morning, then trying to philosophize
around the problem. Again - please accept my apologies - it must have
been just a coincidence that my lack of properly interpreting the
tool output, combined with something actually having happened on the
client's side, led to the wrong assumption that things were wrong in
a place that the tool's output should not have been indicative of.

Stef
Network Fortius, LLC