level3.net in Chicago - high packet loss?!?

Scott Altman staltman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:09:46 UTC 2005

Apparently it's just you.

Nice job on taking an on-topic discussion and then flaming the original
poster who (based on my personal subjective read of the responses) was
geninuinely asking for assistance and appears to have gleaned some value
from this thread and got her client's service restored. Consider the value
of your post prior to doing it.

For those asking me to do the same, the value is to bring more attention to
the lack of moderated influence on nanog. While recognizing it is nobody's
full-time job to baby-sit this forum, I find that posts from the steering
committee are generall heeded. Further, attacking those looking for help in
no way aides the network community as a whole and you present yourself as
elitist. People may be misguided and may be off topic, but helping them get
where they are trying to go is our job in many levels.

My apologies for providing troll food.

- Scott