Bittorrent on v6 [Re: IPv6 news]

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Oct 13 04:03:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> As I know, BT and P2P (some apps), already are using IPv6 ;-)
>
> show flow logs please.

It's not a flow log, but..

"Observations of IPv6 Traffic on a 6to4 Relay" (in ACM SIGCOMM CCR
Internet Vital Signs special issue, January 2005),
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/724626.html

.. (section 4.4) shows that a small number of hosts (like 7-8 or so)
in April 2004 used BT through our 6to4 relay.

The use may or may not have gone up since, this mainly depends on
whether v6 support has been included in BT.  My
(unverified) recollection is that BT supports v6 off-the-box in most
linux distros, but I may be wrong.