Cogent/Level 3 Contracts (was: Cogent/Level 3 depeering)

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Fri Oct 7 17:38:23 UTC 2005

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, William Allen Simpson wrote:
>>Rather than speculation, it would be helpful to refer to the actual
>>contracts.  Please post the relevant sections, Mr Wilcox.
>
> the contract talks of on-net traffic, off-net traffic and excused outages
>
> excused outages includes that of third party network providers
>
> off-net traffic has a 99% SLA excluding excused outages.

Again, rather than speculation, it would be helpful to refer to the
actual contracts.  Please post the relevant sections, not your summary
of an index of definitions, Mr Wilcox.

For instance, I rather doubt that the contract language defines a
decision of L(3) to terminate connectivity to a third party as an
"excused outage".  But we won't know without the contract.

Enlighten us.

--
William Allen Simpson