Regulatory intervention (Redux: Who is a Tier 1?)

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Thu Oct 6 17:53:04 UTC 2005

* wsimpson at greendragon.com (William Allen Simpson) [Thu 06 Oct 2005, 19:10 CEST]:
>Following up on my own post, according to
>   http://www.ams-ix.net/connected/

Useful page, isn't it?

>  Cogent, Open
>  Level(3), Not public
>  We Dare B.V., Open
>
>So, what did your member organization do to resolve this partition.  Cut
>off Level(3)?  Sue them?

That particular member organisation has a policy of not interfering with
its members' peering policies.  It expects its members to send packets
only to people who explicitly asked for it over the shared infrastructure
(via announcements of prefixes via BGP), and to pay their bills on time.

	-- Niels.

--
"Calling religion a drug is an insult to drugs everywhere.
 Religion is more like the placebo of the masses."