"Bandwidth Advisors" - www.bandwidthadvisors.com

Daniel Golding dgolding at burtongroup.com
Fri Mar 25 18:23:08 UTC 2005

Tim,

I hope you're joking. "Extortion" means something pretty specific, legally.
There is absolutely no extortion going on here. The appropriate term is
"agency". Its a pretty widely used concept in the business world.

In terms of the integrity of Bandwidth Advisors or any other consultant -
its caveat emptor. The party buy such services is responsible for asking
about how the money flows and about vendor neutrality policies. The
consulting Terms and Conditions should clearly state who the consultant is
acting as an agent FOR - the carrier or the customer. This is just like Real
Estate - the Seller's Agent may seem very nice and even help you out, but
they work for the seller, not the buyer.

Selling IP transit or other telecommunications services is a business. One
of the great problems I've seen in the last ten or so years is that people
tend to forget this and take things way too personally or emotionally.

- Dan

--
Daniel Golding
Network and Telecommunications Strategies