Vonage Selects TCS For VoIP E911 Service

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jul 19 07:17:41 UTC 2005

Well... It will be most amusing if the 911 dispatchers start a deluge
of calls and letters asking the FCC "What the hell were you idiots
thinking?"
when they realize what the FCC has done here.

It's a bad rule on the FCC's part showing they don't understand the
technology and think that VOIP is just TPC/IP (The Phone Company
over Internet Protocol).  I hope it doesn't kill anyone, but, other
than that likely outcome, I gotta say it will serve them right.

Owen

--
If this message was not signed with gpg key 0FE2AA3D, it's probably
a forgery.