mh (RE: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008)

Kuhtz, Christian christian.kuhtz at bellsouth.com
Thu Jul 7 17:09:55 UTC 2005

> From: Joe Abley [mailto:jabley at isc.org]
> On 2005-07-07, at 10:10, Kuhtz, Christian wrote:
>
> > Anyone here care to share operator perspectives shim6 and the
> > like?  Do
> > we actually have anything that anyone considers workable (not
whether
> > somebody can make it happen, but viable in a commercial
> > environment) for
> > mh?
>
> There is no operational or implementation experience with shim6 at
> this time, that I know of (the technical specifications for shim6 are
> currently incomplete). The shim6 working group has its first meeting
> in August in Paris, after which the goal is to progress quickly to a
> set of specifications which can be implemented.
>
> As an easy-to-read overview of the shim6 approach, the following
> rough draft may be useful:
>
>    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-arch-00.txt

Thanks, I'm fully aware of where shim6 is right now.   I'm asking if
anyone feels this is headed anywhere useful or if we got anything else
we can use to facilitate mh.

To me, this is still a glaring hole as it has been for years now and
nobody seems to be making any fundamental progress here.  Partially
probably because the deck seems to be fundamentally stacked against mh,
which doesn't appear to have been a design criteria in the first place.

Thanks,
Christian

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 163