mh (RE: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008)

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Thu Jul 7 14:53:27 UTC 2005

On 2005-07-07, at 10:10, Kuhtz, Christian wrote:

> Anyone here care to share operator perspectives shim6 and the
> like?  Do
> we actually have anything that anyone considers workable (not whether
> somebody can make it happen, but viable in a commercial
> environment) for
> mh?

There is no operational or implementation experience with shim6 at
this time, that I know of (the technical specifications for shim6 are
currently incomplete). The shim6 working group has its first meeting
in August in Paris, after which the goal is to progress quickly to a
set of specifications which can be implemented.

As an easy-to-read overview of the shim6 approach, the following
rough draft may be useful:

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-arch-00.txt

Joe