SORBS & deaggregation

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Wed Jul 6 23:49:05 UTC 2005

>> Perhaps the networks are disconnected? Perhaps there is insufficient
>> bandwidth between the cities to carry inter-city traffic?
>
> So, why would GRE not be a reasonable (temporary) solution here?  If the
> islands are going to remain disconnected long term, why not get
> additional AS numbers?

I don't believe the fact of having multiple ASNs solves this issue, I
believe ARIN looks at allocated space per OrgID.

> I find blaming 250 extra routes WITH EXACTLY THE SAME PATH INFO on ARIN
> pretty unconvincing...

Personally, I (or my routers) don't have a problem -- at least at the
moment. You could always filter.

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net