High Density Multimode Runs BCP?

Hannigan, Martin hannigan at verisign.com
Wed Jan 26 19:49:29 UTC 2005

I think he's talking physical plant. 200m should be fine. Consult
your equipment for power levels and support distance.

Inside plant, dedicated fiber tray

	Nothing wrong with running a bundle of MM with the SM
      bundles. This method usually uses fiber shelfs with
      either pig tailed (factory) or fusion spliced(best)
      method.

Inside plant, no tray, fiber trough

	Use factory terminated strands(patch) only and save
      yourself aggravation and get better reliability. Run
      it loose in the trough from source to destination ports.

Inside plant, no tray,  no fiber trough

	Use factory strands(patch) and run it inside
      a 1/4" or larger innerduct from source to destination
      ports.

Spiral wrap is always recommended on the "last 7'" and
some sort of bracing near the port should be provided.

Consult the cable manufacture for proper bend radius.

Avoid zip ties if possible. Vibration and other factors
make them not desirable.

There's a multitude of combinations of the above. Without
knowing the facility layout and the cross connect/inter connect
standard, it's hard to speculate.

(the above is as close to a BCP as you can get. Fairly typical
central office standards via Bellcore. Er. Telcordia.

YMMV

-M<