Vonage complains about VoIP-blocking

William R. Charnock will at charnocks.net
Tue Feb 15 19:29:33 UTC 2005

Michael Kaegler wrote:

> At 10:07 AM -0800 2/15/05, Jim Devane wrote:
>

>> I can see where it may come to a LEC being able to block a
>> competitor's port
>> only if they offer a comparable service. It will be an interesting
>> ride to
>> be sure.
>

> Imagine Verizon blocking AOL dialup numbers [since verizon also
> provides internet access]... Not exactly the same thing...
> -mKaegler

Some of us remember the days when central offices would run out of PRI
capacity, but the LEC owned ISP's would still be able to get new phone
banks installed out of those CO's...

But the "we're your friends - no really we are!" lunches that the LEC's
sponsored back then more than made up for these minor inconveniences...

-W