Bogon stupidity... warning... operational post.

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Dec 22 18:21:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Robert Boyle wrote:

> At 12:56 PM 12/22/2005, you wrote:
> P.S. 204/8 was not the only problem, there were problems with 128/8 and
>> 133/8 as well so my apologies to people who may have noticed problems
>> overnight.
>
> 199.128.0.0/9 too.

Yes, legacy blocks (with large number of smaller allocations) whenever
datasize during processing exceeded certain amount. The bad data was
present at 2 of 4 servers for duration of the night but dns was being
changes same time as well, so I don't know how much affect there was
but apparently considerable; this is the most serious problem in months.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net