Blocking certain terrorism/porn sites and DNS

Brett Carr brettcarr at ripe.net
Thu Aug 18 08:41:09 UTC 2005

It would stop them using whichever hostnames you banned but do you really
think this would stop them using the internet.

Terrorist1: Mmmm seems the internet community have put a stop to us using
www.bombsrus.com
Terrorist2: Ok right lets give up and strive for world peace instead.

I don't think so :)

More likely they will (and already are) hiding behind very non terror
sounding names, not a lot we can do about that really.

Brett..

--
Brett Carr                              Ripe Network Coordination Centre
System Engineer -- Operations Group     Singel 258 Amsterdam NL