Holy Grail

J. Oquendo sil at politrix.org
Fri Aug 12 16:33:40 UTC 2005

Purpose for posting it was, after reading it, there is not enough in my
opinion to warrant a nuclear lock down on this information. I did this to
sort of prove a point to those in the industry: "Stop letting vendors sell
you short." As an engineer they've (Cisco) shortchanged clients using
their equipment. If it's IPv6 based only, and not that big of a threat,
then they should see no problem with the information being released.

Before anyone decides to send in legal hounds, take note this is
searchable via Google... 5 minutes tops with over 100+ sites listing the
PDF. Sorry Cisco.

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Gadi Evron wrote:

> J. Oquendo wrote:
> >
> > www.infiltrated.net/cisco/holygrail.pdf
>
> I find it rather funny, really.
>
> Back in defcon, everybody was trading the presentation quietly and eagerly.
>
> Then every kiddie started asking if anyone wants it.
>
> Then we all got URL's to download it from.
>
> Then there was another pass of "psst, want the Lynn presentation?"
>
> And eventually, there was a CD placed on every table at defcon with the
> presentation.
>
> Seeing big-time secret-handshake groups take this with a whisper and a
> "if I know you, email me and I might share it" was a bit silly.
>
> Once again every Bad Guy in town had it and the Good Guys didn't want to
> share under different excuses, some good, some sad.
>
> I find that sharing the presentation openly on NANOG is a bit of a bad
> move because of how some may perceive it and you, but it has become
> completely silly not to do it. So I ask that people reserve judgment.. I
> was very tempted to do it myself.
>
>       Gadi.

J. Oquendo
GPG Key ID 0x97B43D89
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x97B43D89

To conquer the enemy without resorting to war is the most
desirable.  The highest form of generalship is to conquer
the enemy by strategy." - Sun Tzu