Michael Lynn's presentation

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Fri Aug 12 17:27:43 UTC 2005

J. Oquendo wrote:

> www.infiltrated.net/cisco/holygrail.pdf

I find it rather funny, really.

Back in defcon, everybody was trading the presentation quietly and eagerly.

Then every kiddie started asking if anyone wants it.

Then we all got URL's to download it from.

Then there was another pass of "psst, want the Lynn presentation?"

And eventually, there was a CD placed on every table at defcon with the
presentation.

Seeing big-time secret-handshake groups take this with a whisper and a
"if I know you, email me and I might share it" was a bit silly.

Once again every Bad Guy in town had it and the Good Guys didn't want to
share under different excuses, some good, some sad.

I find that sharing the presentation openly on NANOG is a bit of a bad
move because of how some may perceive it and you, but it has become
completely silly not to do it. So I ask that people reserve judgment.. I
was very tempted to do it myself.

	Gadi.