Schneier: ISPs should bear security burden

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Apr 27 05:38:00 UTC 2005

I think it's absurd.  I expect my water delivery company not to add
polutants in transit.  I expect my water production company to provide
clean water.

This is like asking the phone company to prevent minors from hearing
swear-words on telephone calls or prevent people from being able to make
prank phone calls from pay-phones.

When Mr. Schneier gets that level of service from his phone company, then,
perhaps he can expect the same from his ISP.

The worst part of that article is that it only quotes people with a vested
interest in sellling service-provider based solutions to end-host based
problems.

So much for any sort of journalistic ethic, fact checking, or, unbiased
reporting.

Owen

--On Wednesday, April 27, 2005 3:09 +0000 "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)"

--
If this message was not signed with gpg key 0FE2AA3D, it's probably
a forgery.