Schneier: ISPs should bear security burden

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:13:51 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, Stephen J. Wilcox <steve at telecomplete.co.uk> wrote:

> i do think we have an obligation to try to keep the net clean to a certain
> degree, think anti-ddos wg's etc but providing full security for all users is
> unrealistic. there seems to be some moves to offering partial security and this
> is probably a good thing eg blocking common ms ports will likely be effective.

As complete security as possible, to your end users.

That doesnt extend to applying filters to circuits you provision for
your customers (managed T1 type stuff maybe, but definitely, more
useful in the case of end user stuff like at the edge of broadband /
dialup pools)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)