New Outage Hits Comcast Subscribers

Daniel Golding dgolding at burtongroup.com
Fri Apr 15 20:37:32 UTC 2005

I'm not complaining about it - heck, I use it.

I just wanted to point out that desktop DNS servers are a reality. Right
now, few folks use them. If ISP DNS server quality gets worse or there are a
few big outages, we may see desktop DNS usage climb. This may have
deleterious effects on the roots and TLD servers.

It might be interesting to pull query data on a root server and correlate it
with known dynamic IP address pools to spot a trend.

- Dan