Network-Automation discussion mailing list created

Brent Chapman Brent at GreatCircle.COM
Thu Apr 7 23:18:04 UTC 2005

At 3:15 PM -0700 4/7/05, Bill Nash wrote:
>On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Brent Chapman wrote:
>

>>I've created a Network-Automation mailing list for discussions of
>>issues related to automating network configuration and management,
>>including (but not limited to) methods, mechanisms, techniques,
>>philosophies, policies, and products.
>
>In the spirit of making CAN-SPAM useful, and extending the
>reasonable recourse NANOG provides end users against harvesting, can
>you update your AUP to specifically (and publically) prohibit the
>harvesting of email addresses from list traffic or web visible
>archives for the purpose of commercial mailings?

Sure, that sounds like a good idea.  Can you point me at any
suggested language, or any other list's version of this policy, which
I can use as a template?

Thanks!

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman <brent at greatcircle.com> -- Great Circle Associates, Inc.
Specializing in network infrastructure for Silicon Valley since 1989