Network-Automation discussion mailing list created

Brent Chapman Brent at GreatCircle.COM
Thu Apr 7 22:56:44 UTC 2005

I've created a Network-Automation mailing list for discussions of
issues related to automating network configuration and management,
including (but not limited to) methods, mechanisms, techniques,
philosophies, policies, and products.

Since 1990 or so, much of the research in the system administration
field has focused on automation.  It's now well accepted that a
well-run operation doesn't manage 10,000 servers individually, but
rather uses tools like cfengine to manage definitions of those
servers and then create instances of those servers as needed.  In the
networking world, though, most of us seem to be still manually
configuring (and reconfiguring) every device.  That's starting to
change, though, and I've created the Network-Automation mailing list
as a forum to help advance that change.

See the list's web page for more information, to view archives, or to
subscribe:

http://www.greatcircle.com/network-automation

I look forward to some interesting discussions there, and I hope
you'll join us!

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman <brent at greatcircle.com> -- Great Circle Associates, Inc.
Specializing in network infrastructure for Silicon Valley since 1989