European Nanog?

Nicolas DEFFAYET nicolas.deffayet at ndsoftware.net
Sun Sep 12 18:45:45 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 20:23, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> On 12.09.2004 20:05 Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> *LOL* This list is so dead you won't believe it ...
>
> There is no real correspondent to NANOG in Europe. EOF
> (http://www.ripe.net/ripe/wg/eof/index.html) has been iniated to cope
> with the network/ISP related items within RIPE. Though EOF is not as
> dead as Euronog is it could be more active. There are EOF
> workshops/tutorials at almost each RIPE meeting but no discussions in
> between.

The "NOG" philosophy don't work in Europe.

Same problem of very low activity for local NOG like FRnog, Swissnog,...

We have do our best for start an european NOG.
There is currently ~ 300 subscribers to the list euronog at ml.euronog.org.

--
Nicolas DEFFAYET, NDSoftware
NDSoftware IP Network: http://www.ip.ndsoftware.net/