BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI prefix [Re: who gets a /32)

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Fri Nov 26 00:23:24 UTC 2004

Thus spake "Daniel Roesen" <dr at cluenet.de>
> And as this makes this whole 200-orgs constraint pathetic, there is
> an effort underway (or even already agreed upon?) at least in RIPE
> region, to just scratch it completely.
>
> So it boils down to:
>
> - you're a LIR (== you pay)
> - you will assign to other "organizations".
>   Definition of "organization" is up to you.

And you cannot be an "end site", which I would expect ARIN staffers to
interpret as any organization which doesn't sell transit to the public.

Stephen Sprunk        "Stupid people surround themselves with smart
CCIE #3723           people.  Smart people surround themselves with
K5SSS         smart people who disagree with them."  --Aaron Sorkin