IPV6 renumbering painless?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Nov 15 17:03:06 UTC 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:10:03 +0100, Iljitsch van Beijnum said:

> only leaf sites use the 32 bit AS numbers. 32 bit AS numbers for
> transit ASes are best avoided until everyone has upgraded.

Umm... I'll bite.. ;)

How do we know/tell that "everyone" has upgraded?  (As opposed to just
saying "It's been N+4 years now, everybody must have upgraded by *now*"?)

Of course, we *could* always declare "everybody" as "98% of the sites that
have good contact info in the various Whois databases are ready to go,
the rest know about the issue, and those with bum contact info will get
what they deserve when we deploy" :)