anycast roots

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Sun Nov 14 13:58:49 UTC 2004

Paul Vixie wrote (responding to Bill Manning):

>>	...  The public data about "B"
>>	on that site is not 100% accurate and does not have 100% participation
>>	amoungst root-server operators  wrt publishing accurate information.
>>

>you've got root on that web server.  if you want something removed, you can
>remove it yourself.

Alright guys, we've known Bill for many years, going back to Rice.
Since it has now been revealed that Bill has root there, then we
should hold Bill's feet to the fire until his information is accurate.

Sometimes we opine about abstractions -- "the operators did it" --
when it's PEOPLE that are the operators.  We always have our best
results when we get the people involved directly with each other,
instead of hiding behind those impersonal corporate abstractions.

Bill, you've done good work in the past.  Let us know when things are
fixed there....  Even where it's really somebody else's job.

--
William Allen Simpson