backscatter hosts

Chris Edwards chris at eng.gla.ac.uk
Tue May 18 22:37:49 UTC 2004

(was: Re: Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

| When it gets built, will it list AOL.COM for not rejecting at the original RCPT
| TO?  Or Hotmail.com?

Much as I hate to come to their defence, hotmail rejects unknown users
during the dialog, and has done so for as long as I can remember.

And AOL is reportedly spending a colossal sum redesigning their mail
system to work this way.  Goes to underline the importance.

The reality is, nowdays, those who can't do things properly themselves
should simply host their mail somewhere that can.