fwd: CiSCO IOS 12.* source code stolen

Roy Bentley nanog at royb.org
Sat May 15 20:34:11 UTC 2004

Babelfish translation of http://www.securitylab.ru/45221.html

Leakage of the initial code CiScO IOS?

As it became known SecurityLab, on 13 May, 2004, were stolen all initial
codes of the operating system CISCO IOS 12.3, 12..3t, which is used in the
majority of the net devices of company CISCO. The total volume of the
stolen information is approximately 800Mb in the archive.
According to the information available to us, the leakage of the fragments
of the initial code occurred because of the breaking of the corporate
network Cisco System. Representatives Cisco System thus far in no way
comment on the occurred incident.

Information flowed away from nobody man hearth no franz on # darknet at EFnet
IRC where it and granted the small part of the initial codes (about 2.5
mb.) as the proof.

They are lined below on 100 first lines of the initial code of file
ipv6_.tcp.c and ipv6_.discovery_.test.c.

Information granted DHG

ipv6_.discovery_.test.c - Neighbor Discovery unit tests.
ipv6_.tcp.c - IP version 6 support functions for TCP