Verification required for steve at blueyonder.co.uk, protected by 0Spam.com.

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Tue Mar 9 09:02:53 UTC 2004

James
Blueyonder is the ISP part of a Cable TV company over here in the UK.

Looks like the are playing with various 'annoying' (IMHO) anti-spam
technologies. Personnally I've looked at this technique at a request of
one of users who thought it might be a better idea than the Spamassassin
system, we use. For this very reason where the 'from' is kept by mailing
list systems I was dubious it would work. Looks like (for once) I was
right to be dubious.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

james wrote:

> :
> : What is this.. I've had lots and lots from steve at blueyonder whoever he is?!
>

> Not sure, but I got 4 of them, and it took 12 hours from my only post over
> the weekend to get them. Since I cannot get mail to @@blueyonder since I
> will not play this little game I hope he sees this and realizes it is a really
> BAD idea to run such a service for the lists is is subscribed to.
>
> James Edwards
> Routing and Security
> jamesh at cybermesa.com
> At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
> Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
> 505-988-9200 SIP:1(747)669-1965

believed to be clean.