UUNet Offer New Protection Against DDoS

James haesu at towardex.com
Thu Mar 4 09:23:27 UTC 2004

	in our case, we do the following setup:

	1. allow up to /32 within customer's prefix(es)
	2. check for 27552:666 (null comm), if matched, set to null'd nexthop
	3. now match any prefixes that are longer than /22 on 0.0.0.0/1,
	   that are longer than /22 on 128.0.0.0/2, that are longer than /24
	   on 192.0.0.0/3. if any of these longer prefixes are matched, tag
	   them with 27552:31337 (which is our equivalent of no-export).

	     If a customer has a legitimate reason to send a /24 within say,
           0.0.0.0/1, then we can always override it by adding a deny rule to
	   the matching prefix-list used by the route-map.

	4. finally, add maximum-prefix limit to 500

I'll be more than glad to provide config template if anyone is interested. Also
have ipv6 version of it as well if interested.

-J

--
James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT Outsourcing