Interesting Occurrence

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Mon Jun 21 18:17:13 UTC 2004

Not the best place to ask (full-discloure or the incidents list perhaps),
but there are numerous phishing scams going of late (I get 3 or 4 a day)
that exploit an unpatched IE bug....

e.g. the spam reads

You Have a VoiceMessage Waiting Priority :Urgent From:xxx xxx
http://www.ONEvoicemailbox.net/voicemail/

(replace ONE with "1" in the host)-- I strongly suggest NOT going to this
site with IE

This particular site crams in a keylogger into your PC by use of
http://221.4.203.78/bestadult/shellscript_loader.js
http://221.4.203.78/bestadult/shellscript.js

         ---Mike