[Fwd: [IP] Japan facing bandwidth shortage due to take-up in broadband]

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com
Thu Jun 10 00:36:27 UTC 2004

Randy Bush wrote:
> and shuresh, when you have some good automated technology for
> "clamping down on worm traffic / assorted junk from zombies
> and open proxies etc," i suspect many folk in those countries

Heh, if there was one such, I'd deploy it .. at least to sleep
peacefully at night if not to retire rich on the proceeds :)

> and the rest of the world will deploy it or something like it.
> in the meantwixt, our sympathies that your monopolistic telco
> environment has not fostered enough bandwidth deployment that
> your country could become a worm ... problem :-).

The monopolistic telco was a few years back. Right now there are a bunch
of outfits large enough to provide (sort of) DSL - 512k .. and quite a
few fat pipes coming into India. [one of which, Flag Telecom, was
recently bought by one of the Indian telcos - Reliance Infocomm]

If there was no worm problem yet, I guess there will be now.

	srs