SPF deployment by Oct. 1 ?

J.D. Falk jdfalk at cybernothing.org
Mon Jul 26 21:05:33 UTC 2004

On 07/26/04, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:51:26 EDT, Gerald said:
>
> > I think this will be the next best thing in E-mail. I'd love for that date
> > to be August 1 though.
>
> OK... Aug 1 is a weekish away.   Check your inbound mail for today, and ask
> yourself how much you'd be losing if you started enforcing SPF today, and what
> percentage of the sites you get legitimate mail from are likely to deploy SPF
> tags this week.....

	I'd be extremely surprised if anyone were planning to block all
	mail from non-SPF-using sites any time soon.  However, it'll
	still be useful as an additional data point in a filtering
	decision process.

--
J.D. Falk                            "...one of the worst signs of our danger
<jdfalk at cybernothing.org>                       is we can't imagine the route