SPF deployment by Oct. 1 ?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jul 26 19:52:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:51:26 EDT, Gerald said:

> I think this will be the next best thing in E-mail. I'd love for that date
> to be August 1 though.

OK... Aug 1 is a weekish away.   Check your inbound mail for today, and ask
yourself how much you'd be losing if you started enforcing SPF today, and what
percentage of the sites you get legitimate mail from are likely to deploy SPF
tags this week.....

And then keep in mind that SPF is *known* to break certain types of mail
reflectors and forwarding (argue all you want about whether such things are
fundementally broken - they're still *in production use*)....