Out of office/vacation messages

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Fri Jan 2 16:31:34 UTC 2004

On 2 Jan 2004, at 10:44, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

>>  - run on Windows,
>> Oops, I see your problem.  No self-respecting network operator runs
>> any
>> M$W boxen as an MTA, so Templin is an imposter/troll.
>
> This isnt true, the majority run Windows (at least thats what I see in
> various
> meetings and from the user-agent headers)

I'm not arguing with your conclusion, but your reasoning is a little
broken. Only a small proportion of the nanog list membership attend
meetings, and those that do don't necessarily provide a representative
distribution (of any kind).

Similarly, the user-agent headers you see are from people on
nanog-post; I am told the nanog list is much bigger.

Joe